Thursday, November 20, 2008

Irish Blogger Gathering: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Theme!

Welcome to this week's Irish Blogger Gathering! This week, we are hosted by Three Guys in a Basement. With pictures this week!

1. If you had the choice, which professional athlete would you rather be: A golfer on the PGA tour that hovers around 125-150 on the money list, a solid middle reliever in the MLB, a # 4 starter on an MLB team, a tenth man on an NBA roster, or a punter in the NFL?


No question here – a golfer that hovers around 125-150 on the money list. Some reasons:
  • You get to spend significant portions of the year in warm climates.
  • Not only are you spending most of the year in warm climates, but you are spending that time in some of the most stunning places on earth.


Option A: Pebble Beach

Option B: Buffalo

  • I would get to play a “sport” where drinking is encouraged while you play (OK, so, strictly speaking, this does not include time on the course during tournament play. However, given the amount of time one would spend on the course outside of tournament play, it’s fair to say that there would be plenty of drinking time). Same goes for smoking, which I might have to take up if I were to join the PGA.


2. If they made a movie about the history of Notre Dame football from 1997-2008, what actors would you cast as Bob Davie, Tyrone Willingham, George O'Leary and Charlie Weis? Picture comparisons will be helpful.


So many to choose from. Here goes, with some explanation. Or not.

Al Pacino and Bob Davie. Fellow tanorexics, unite!

Ty Willingham and LeVar Burton. One played a blind guy, one just coached like he was blind.

Chelcie Ross and George O'Leary. He's the dude who played Dan Devine in Rudy. He probably spent more time acting as a Notre Dame coach than George O'Leary spent as actual coach.

Ethan Suplee as Charlie Weis. THERE IS NO EASTER BUNNY!

3. We at tgiab.com (see JoeG) love the drink Sparks, which comes in Orange cans. While I can't truly relate that to any type of question, I figured I'd mention that because we are playing the Orange this weekend. I guess if I had to tie it in, I would say that I associate Sparks with football tailgates (and my subsequent lack of recollection of the game). Do you have a favorite product that comes in the color Orange? And if so, do you relate it to football in any way shape or form?

Clementines. Those things are like crack. I eat entire boxes of the things without even realizing what I have done (between admitting to this eating habit and my love of beer, people are going to assume that I am horribly obese).

One of these women may be Sarah.

4. This last weekend, one of the more die-hard Notre Dame fans I know told me that he has twice rooted against Notre Dame. Is there any scenario where you would root against Notre Dame? Or should we make this friend (and guest columnist) be the next Ice-T in Surviving the Game?

I can think of several situations where I would definitely root against Notre Dame, but all involve terrorists/kidnappers threatening close family members with torture or death if I don’t root against Notre Dame. So, those situations are pretty unlikely to occur, unless I start hanging out with a very different crew.

Let the terrorists win, or cheer against Notre Dame...decisions, decisions.

4. tgiab.com will host (in allegiance with jupmode.com and thesubwayalumnishow.com) a tailgate for the USC game. First off, you are all cordially invited. Secondly, and more importantly, we are looking for necessities to have at a tailgate. The following is what we will have:

What else do we need? What else would you bring? How can we make this tailgate any better?


A football. However, watch for any errant throws, as this has led to multiple problems at tailgates I have hosted.


If you see this man at a nearby tailgate, perhaps you should hide the football (I keed, I keed. Sort of).


1 comment:

SubwayDomer26 said...

Great post Sarah. I laughed my ass off.