Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Welcome to Baseball Season

Well, major league baseball, at least. The Irish baseball team has been playing now for awhile (racking up a 19-10 record on the season so far, 5-4 in the Big East).

I bring this up for two reasons. One, if you're in Chicago next week, Notre Dame and Northwestern will be playing at Sox Park a week from tomorrow (April 15). Ten bucks and free parking? If I lived less than three and a half hours away, I would be there.

Two, for anyone heading to the Blue Gold game, the Irish baseball team plays West Virginia the evening before. Grab your stuff and do a Friday, warm-up, pre-Blue Gold tailgate (though you have to hide your alcoholic beverages, just a warning - yes, that's experience talking on that one), then head to the baseball game. If I could possibly get off of work next Friday afternoon, I would be right there with you and/or hosting my own tailgate. Sadly, I'll be waiting until Saturday for food and good times.

No comments: