Thursday, March 20, 2008

The "What Else Am I Doing?" Live Blog - Part I

Really, why not? What else am I doing? This probably won't include many updates, as I will most likely get bored of it in a few minutes and go back to, um, watching the games without doing anything else.

12:45 - Georgia 46 - Xavier 36 - According to the latest CBS graphic, the last time a 14 seed beat a 3 seed was when Northwestern State beat Iowa in 1993. The announcer felt compelled to point out that this was Northwestern State, not Northwestern. As a Northwestern alum, I feel compelled to point out that it would be impossible for Northwestern to have upset a 3 seed, as Northwestern has never actually been to the tournament.

1:03 - Georgia 49 - Xavier 52 - Xavier takes the lead. Instead of getting excited that this will help my bracket (I'm ignoring my predicted upset of Michigan State - what can I say, I have no respect for the Big Ten in basketball, and it's reflected in my brackets), I am wondering whether Uga comes to basketball games, or only football games.

1:09 - Georgia 49 - Xavier 52 - According to Wikipedia, in addition to attending every home and away football game, Uga travels to "many University-related functions." That did not answer my question. Uga does, however, travel in an air conditioned dog house, as bulldogs are susceptible to heat stroke. And, evidently, losing leads in the second half.

1:19 - Georgia 56 - Xavier 61 - That last post reminded me that I love college football so much more than college basketball. At this point on a fall Saturday, I would already be throwing things at the television (and not just because of the sad state of Notre Dame football). I just cannot muster that sort of enthusiasm for college basketball.

1:29 - Kentucky 0 - Marquette 0 - Really? Really? We're cutting in to the Georgia-Xavier game to show me this game? I thought I was being punished enough today by being forced to watch Wisconsin instead of Notre Dame. Once again, I thank CBS for its internet coverage of these games. Otherwise, the throwing of items at the television would have just started.

1:47 - Kentucky 10 - Marquette 12 - Fun Fact #1: I met Tom Crean, Marquette's coach, at the same event where I met Karl Rove.

1:55 - Kentucky 12 - Marquette 17 - Fun Fact #2: Wesley Matthews went to my high school. Go Memorial!

2:38 - Commercial Break - I realize I haven't posted anything in a bit. Really, that's probably in your best interest. I did make some popcorn, however.

3:00 - Commercial Break - I don't need any more Pete Carroll in my life. Who decided it that Pete Carroll, of all people, needed to be in a commercial? And why is this commercial ruining that one perfect aspect of the college football off-season (i.e., the part of the off-season where I get to avoid Pete Carroll?)?

3:11 - Kentucky 51 - Marquette 56 - Double dribble? Does that even count as a foul after middle school?

3:36 - Kentucky 63 - Marquette 66 - Exciting game here. Um...I really don't have anything else to say.

Break - It's time for a break for a bit. Back later.

No comments: