Monday, February 15, 2010

The Long Off Season

If you have ventured to this website, I am sure you are one of those individuals who marks the overly long college football off-season in smaller, more palatable increments. There's Signing Day (oh, glorious day when my obsession with boys in high school could probably border on the arrestable), Start of Spring Practice Day (when I start obsessively watching 15 minute videos of men stretching and doing other assorted exercises that teach me nothing, though it would be helpful if they would teach me that I need a better, more productive hobby), Blue Gold Game (or, as some have come to mark it, "Sit in the parking lot, drink, and accidentally miss the game. Again." Day), etc.

Next weekend marks an event that, thanks to a new subscription to DirecTV and the presence of the NFL Network on said dish, I can now add to my off-season list of events: The Combine. Yes, I will be spending significant portions of next weekend watching fat men do things like take their shirts off and get weighed. And I will enjoy it far more than anyone should enjoy something like that.

No comments: